Are you feeling that God is calling you to do something big and scary in your life, but you’re resisting it big time? It feels like you’re not the right person for the job or that it’s a crazy idea or that you can’t possibly have the skills needed. All of this self-doubt and impostor syndrome can be hard to overcome, but if we look at the Bible, we can be encouraged and empowered enough to successfully take action on our business so we can truly step into our calling. In today’s episode of the Mama With A Calling podcast, we’re going to talk about how when God calls you to do something, you can take comfort in knowing that He’s with you through it all. He’s prepared you for this specific mission, and he called you out of all people for a reason. To help with impostor syndrome, we’re going to take a look at the story of Moses and the burning bush in a new light. From this story, we can see how to take comfort even when we’re doubting our abilities to do what we know we’re being called to do. When I think of the story of Moses, I think of all of the great things he did and how he so bravely faced Pharaoh and led the people of Israel out of Egypt. But when I was reading this story again recently, I couldn’t help but notice how Moses actually resisted this calling and clearly had a lot of doubts about his own ability or how he would be received. As I read this, I thought this is just like so many of us as entrepreneurs. We get a calling from God, this soft whisper in our heart, to pivot from our career to starting an online business so we can home with our kids. It feels crazy and unsafe. We fight it and resist it and come up with all the reasons it won’t work or that we aren’t cut out for the job. So I wanted to share the insights from this story to help you overcome your impostor syndrome and fully step into the calling God has put on your heart. Listen to episode on Apple Podcasts. Episode Highlights:
- Moses denies God’s call on his life
- God assures Moses over and over
- When God chooses someone, He really means that person is the one. There’s not a replacement person for the job.
- Amazing things happen when you listen to the calling from God. Overcoming the fear and doubt is part of the process. On the other side is a closer connection with God and being able to see how God uses your obedience for good.
- If God is calling you, he has prepared you and He is with you. He already knows the outcome. You just have to act.
Full Transcript of the Show